If you watch House of Cards you should be familiar with the impeccable style of Claire Underwood. Claire always looks classic on the arm of her politician husband or making power plays in the office. She is consistently looking polished in her fitted dresses, high statuesque heals and her fabulous designer accessories. Remember you don’t need to have the budget of a politicians wife to get the Claire Underwood look just remember to look for classic power pieces like these and build them into your wardrobe. Here are a few key classics every woman should have in their wardrobe.
1. Power Pumps – Essential for every woman, from the office to a cocktail party basic black, nude or red pumps help class up any outfit.
Charles David Black Pointy Toe Pumps from Blufly.com $79.00
2. Fitted Sheath Dress – Perfect for the on the go working woman, a well fitted sheath dress is an essential item that will keep you looking classic and chic
Forever 21 Ultra Chic Sheath Dress Forever21.com
3. Trench Coat – Nice outerwear is key for those rainy days in Washington, DC or elsewhere. A Classic tan belted trench coat is always in style and can be worn year round with or without layers to keep warm or cool.
Calvin Klein Double-Breasted Trench Coat $99.98 Macys.com
4. Badass Bag – A structured tote is the perfect accessory for powerful women like Claire. If you’re working hard at the office or working hard to destroy someones reputation its essential to have everything you may need handy.
Michael Kors Brown Leather ‘Hamilton’ Convertible Satchel Bluefly.com
5. Button Down Shirt & Pencil Skirt – Look for Non-Iron dress shirts in a variety of colors. Pair with slim pencil skirts for the office. Proper fit is key stores like Banana Republic and Ann Taylor are great because they offer sizes for petites.
Banana Republic Fitted Non-Iron Sateen Shirt $69.50 BananaRepublic.com
Banana Republic Tonal Texture Pencil Skirt $89.50 BananaRepublic.com